Location of Chapmans Peak Hotel, Hout Bay
Located at the foot of Chapmans Peak, Cape Town, this much loved landmark hotel in Hout Bay is 20 minutes from Cape Town and Waterfront and 45 minutes from the airport and Winelands.
For many years this favourite holiday hotel and outdoor seafood restaurant has graced Hout Bay, South Africa, right at the start of one of the most beautiful and breathtaking scenic drives which travels around the mountainside and onward to Cape Point and other exciting attractions. The hotel has occupied this position since the 1880s.
Guests can venture out on any number of day excursions to explore the Peninsula. There are wine routes nearby, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens on the slopes of Table Mountain, pubs and crafts in Noordhoek, fabulous beaches, Cape Point Reserve, historic Simons Town and also a lovely coastal drive along the Atlantic seaboard to the city and the Waterfront. Hiking is a popular activity on the mountain and there are many routes to follow.
The village of Hout Bay is situated in a picturesque heavily wooded valley which was first discovered by Dutch settlers. Ship building using the local timber began leading to the name Hout Bay which means wood bay. Today, this fishing village and working harbour has an array of shops and restaurants, and a long sandy beach which is ideal for children and very popular, water sports are also available here.
How to get to Chapmans Peak Hotel from Cape Town International Airport
1. Exit the airport following the signs for Cape Town - N2 (Kaapstad).
2. Take the freeway towards Muizenberg (M3) past the University of Cape Town.
3. At the first set of traffic lights, turn right towards Hout Bay (Kirstenbosch direction).
4. Pass the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens main entrance.
5. At the T junction, turn right and follow the road until reaching the Constantia Nek traffic circle.
6. Take the right fork down into Hout Bay.
7. Continue through 2 traffic circles in Hout Bay Main Road.
8. The Chapmans Peak Hotel is located opposite the beach on the lower left hand side
9. The road begins to climb out of Hout Bay.
-34º 2´ 49.19' S
18º 21´ 41.18' E
|Rates / Prices||Reservations||Enquiries / Questions|