Getting to Paternoster Seaside Cottages, Paternoster, Cape West Coast
Just 90 minutes by car from Cape Town, Paternoster on the Cape West Coast of South Africa is a timeless fishing village characterised by pristine sandy beaches and white-washed cottages.
Nearby Soldiers Reef on this Cape West Coast of South Africa is the site of the Lisboa shipwreck in October 1910. This event is particularly interesting because it was the first occasion on the South African coast in which radio telegraphy was used to summon help by a ship in distress.
Directions to Paternoster
From Cape Town:
Travel north on the R27, turn left at the Vredenburg turn-off and travel through Vredenburg to Paternoster. The entire trip is ± 140km (87 miles).
From Cape Town International Airport:
Travel towards Cape Town on the N2, take the N7 - Malmesbury/ Goodwood turnoff (Vanguard Drive) and turn right towards Malmesbury. Travel north on the N7 and turn left at the Melkbosstrand turn-off. Continue to the R27. Turn right onto the R27 and travel north, past Yzerfontein and Langebaan until you get to the Vredenburg turn-off. Turn left at the Vredenburg turn-off and travel through Vredenburg to Paternoster. The entire trip is +/- 155km (96 miles)
GPS Co-Ordinates for each cottage
- Seaside Cottages 1 & 2 - St Augustine Road (-32.809703, 17.88821)
- Pasella - Kriedoring Street (-32.811696, 17.883983)
- Kliphuisie - 91 St Augustine Road (-32.809487, 17.894057)
- Seemeeu - 5 Soldadeklip Road (-32.805952, 17.89727)
- The Sugar Shack - 3 St Augustine Road (-32.808148, 17.885871)
- Oppidraai - 1 Sonkwas Road (-32.809014, 17.8847010)
|Rates / Prices||Reservations||Enquiries / Questions|