Location of St James Manor, Kalk Bay, Cape Town
Situated in the trendy and vibrant fishing village of Kalk Bay, The St James is a graceful seaside retreat sure to please guests looking for a hotel in Western Cape.
The area of St James Western Cape has architecture and features reminiscent of a bygone era. Picture postcard Victorian bathing boxes and grand old houses have stood the test of time and add interest and history to an area making a welcome comeback.
The St James is located along the millionaires mile as it was once known. The catch of the day can be bought fresh from the local fisherman at Kalk Bay harbour or guests can purchase some fish and chips and watch the boats come and go.
Guests can spend hours happily investigating the novel antique shops, delis, art galleries and boutiques which line the main road. There is plenty to eat and experience in the area with a variety of restaurants and pubs offering fine dining or casual meals.
Kalk Bay and St James have the mountains behind them and fantastic views over the ocean, this is a popular stretch for whale watching. Guests as The St James can spend time at the tidal pools across the road and join in with the locals for an early morning swim.
An in-house chauffeur service is available for restaurant transfers and tailor made tours for guests around the Peninsula.
Attractions and landmarks
- Cape Town International Airport - 45 minutes
- Chapman's Peak and Hout Bay - 20 minutes
- Cape Point - 15 minutes
- Table Mountain - 45 minutes
- Waterfront and City Centre 45 minutes
- Simons Town penguins - 15 minutes
- Kalk Bay Harbour - 15 minutes
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens - 40 minutes
- Constantia Wine Route - 30 minutes
- Golf courses - 30 minutes
- Stellenbosch / Cape Winelands - 60 minutes
Directions from Cape Town International Airport to The St James
1. Follow the N2 from the airport towards Cape Town City Centre.
2. Turn left on to the M3 Muizenberg off ramp.
3. Continue on the M3 to Muizenberg until you get to the T-Junction at the end.
4. Turn left. At the next set of traffic lights turn right onto Main Road.
5. Travel along Main Road through Muizenberg and into St James.
6. The St James is on the right hand side opposite the second tennis court on your left.
|Rates / Prices||Reservations||Enquiries / Questions|