Activities at Simons Town Quayside Hotel
On a Cape Town holiday or conference at Simons Town Quayside Hotel guests can see and do a lot in the great outdoors, meet interesting people and swim with penguins.
Simons Town has many interesting nooks and crannies to explore as well as good food and wine to try, or even a lovely afternoon tea whilst staying at the 4 star Simons Town Quayside Hotel and Conference Center on a Cape Town holiday.
There is no lack of great restaurants offering top cuisine in the village, or guests can un-wrap some fish and chips and settle down for a casual meal whilst deciding how to make the most of the day. A spot of shopping wont go amiss in this interesting little town.
Visitors to Simons Town love the unspoilt sandy beaches in particular Boulders Beach which is in a National Park. The 1000 strong penguin colony live in amongst the rocks and vegetation on the beach, quietly getting on with their lives while bathers come and go.
In fact there are 18 beaches on the Peninsula to choose from, Cape Fynbos to admire and historical buildings to investigate. Art and culture also thrive in such an environment. Children are welcome at Simons Town Quayside Hotel.
The local naval museum has fascinating information on Just Nuisance the dog who was made Able Seaman! For outdoor lovers there are loads of trails for hiking, walking, horse riding and biking. Water based activities include diving, kayaking, surfing and sailing.
The Conference Center at Simons Town Quayside Hotel
Simons Town Quayside Hotel and Conference Center offers two superb conference rooms in the Drakensberg Conference Facility for up to 60 delegates with the most advanced facilities, there is also a Protea Conference Room as a breakaway room.
The smaller Outeniqua Conference Facility for up to 20 delegates is a private, upmarket venue ideal for business discussions and think tanks. There is also a private lounge for delegate use only.
The Simons Town Quayside Hotel and Conference Center and the surroundings have proven ideal for team activities and adventures for team building:
Unique team building ideas on offer
Boat and Sea1. Sea Kayaking - to suit levels of fitness.
2. Harbour Tour on 'Spirit of Just Nuisance' Ferry - a special permit allows guests to enter the naval harbour and view the ships including strike craft and submarine.
3. Learn how to sail!† Involves practical and theory lessons for beginners.
4. Whale watching.
5. Boat Regatta - teams design, build and market corrugated cardboard boats.
6. Navy combat and supply ship tours.
Villages and Beaches
1. Urban orienteering - treasure hunts using cryptic clues and famous landmarks supervised by experts.
2. Mountain Bike Trails - in the Cape Point Nature Reserve supervised by experts.
3. Japanese kite fighting - by pulling and releasing the kite string.
4. Drumming - with the African Drum Caf.
5. Movie Making.
|Rates / Prices||Reservations||Enquiries / Questions|